Tuesday, May 19, 2009

10 Most Challenged books of 2008

The ALA has released their list of the 10 most challenged books of 2008. You can read about it here.

I usually like to exercise my rights and read all of the books on this list, however, this year there are some that I don't think I can stomache. Not because I find them offensive, but because I find them to be...drivel.

I just can't believe that these books are the most challenged (two male penguins adopt an abandoned egg), when there are authors like Chuck Palahniuk. I am still trying to bleach my brain after reading one of his books MONTHS ago (and I think I read one of his tamer tomes).

I'm not saying that Palahniuk should be challenged - I don't believe in that kind of censoring in the first place - I'm just saying that when I think of possibly offensive material (and I'm judging only from my own views), none of these would make the list.

No comments: